This Leaders’ Guide is designed for those planning to lead or help facilitate the Parenting Teenagers Course. It provides all the information you need to run each session, covering:
- How to run the course, either using the DVDs or giving live talks
- The structure of a session for five- and ten-week courses
- Key ingredients for running a successful course
- Important guidelines for hosting the small group discussions
- Overview and timetable for each session of five- and ten-week courses
- Suggested room set-up
- How to promote the course
The course is designed to be flexible, and provides full instructions on how to use the material over five longer or ten shorter sessions, depending on what suits your group.
A copy of this Leaders’ Guide is also included within the DVD set.
The Parenting Teenagers Course is based on Christian principles but designed for all couples with or without a church background. The course is for every type of parenting situation including parenting on your own, step-parenting and parenting as a couple.
The course consists of five sessions (or ten shorter ones), designed to equip those parenting or caring for 11 to 18-year-olds with the tools to build healthy relationships with their teenagers while guiding them into adulthood.
Over five sessions, the course will help you to:
- Keep your long-term aim in mind
- Meet you teenager's needs
- Set clear boundaries
- Develop emotional health
- Help them make good choices
Find out more about the course here.